Saturday, August 23, 2008

Artisan Evening

Last night was the second annual Artisans' Evening at the Crescent Beach Centre. This event is a fund raiser for the CAP programme (computer access and training for those who otherwise couldn't afford it).

For the second year it was organized by Robin Atwood. A job well done again.

There were refreshments (tea, lemonade, cake, sandwiches), entertainment (Judi Cleveland) and all those who purchased tickets won a donated piece of original art by Nova Scotia craftsmen - many of them local. I received one of Judi's pen and ink sketches and Wayne won a mounted sunset photo of Crescent Beach by Peter Farrell. I would have loved to have won Donna Crosby's place mats which matched our new dining room paint accent colour but she assured me she had more of them so I intend to go and purchase some next week. They will also mix well with the placemats which Kris bought from Donna for me several years ago. (I guess that's part of the purpose of an Artisan Evening - good publicity for the artists)

No comments:

Post a Comment