Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fog returns; Fish are DONE!!

After no fog since June 16th, it returned with a vengeance yesterday evening - within about 10 minutes we went from bright and clear to pea soup. It was still around this morning but quickly burned off as we are having a HOT day - the humidex is 31 or 32C - not very hot for those in Ontario but debilitating for the Lockeport population. Of course it's making the bugs multiply exponentially and the grass grow similarly. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same.

The momentous news is that I have finished my fish rug (over 3 years - almost 4, I think). It was originally intended to hang over the fireplace in the living room but Heather V. painted us a great picture of our house here which has claimed that spot. I was looking for a place to prop up my rug to look at it (modestly admiring all my hard work)and I draped it on the fireplace screen - it looks wonderful there so it's found a home. Picture will follow when Wayne gets here with the digital camera. Now I need a new project - I'm thinking of doing our red cottage in Maine.

3 comments:

  1. You made a rug out of fish? You're taking this Eastern living thing seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wool rug - or at least it was supposed to be. When I first came down here, a friend dragged me to her rug hooking group so I'd meet people. They take this craft VERY seriously and some are VERY talented. I did a little "kit" of a lighthouse using yarn but you are supposed to use wool cloth, recycle it, dye it, cut it into strips - labour intensive to say the least. I had good intentions - I bought a cutter but I used whatever material I could find (including ribbon)that was the colour I wanted since I planned to hang it on the wall, not walk on it. And dyeing it myself seemed way too ambitious. The fish part comes in as it's a pix of tropical fish - SOMEONE in my family seems to have brain-washed me about the pleasures of looking at fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He likes fish? But he plays with computers? Weird. :)

    Hope the weather is treating you well for the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete