Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I have a bone to pick....

Today I learned a new skill - boning a dress! The explanations and pictures on the Butterick pattern actually made sense and were easy to follow. That being said, the whole procedure took at least twice as long as I planned for it.

The first bone went in very easily, as did the second and I began to think "this is a piece of cake". Ha! When I started to put in the third, I realized I was fighting the innate tendency to curl of the boning which had been coiled in a package at Fabricland for months, years, whatever. By the time I got to the eleventh (and thankfully last) bone, it was like trying to sew on some sort of live twisting animal.

But it's done. Still many steps to go in my costume and then I have to start Wayne's which consists of a shirt, pants, vest, jacket and hat. And my rug is still not done but it's getting very close - the front may be done during the Montreal/Philly game tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment