Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lockeport Really Rocks!

I have been remiss in posting anything for the last week or so .. too busy enjoying myself I guess.

On Tuesday, June 30th, as part of the Canada Day Week Celebrations, Lockeport put on a fabulous concert in Seacaps Park. Jonathan Crouse from CKBW hosted and 3 terrific bands performed, Faded Blue (Liverpool rockers), Dirty Deeds (an AC/DC tribute group), and the Hupman Brothers -local blues favourites who now perform out of Wolfville. All the groups put on extraordinarily good shows and the concert went until almost 1:00AM. The weather cooperated - a little fog but it was warm!

Wayne and I worked the bar which was run by the Harmony Bazaar committee as a fundraiser. Tim (who is visiting us) was planning to help as well but woke up with a pinched nerve that morning so Wayne pulled a double shift serving and I sold drink tickets and checked bracelets. The layout for this concert was a considerable improvement over past beer garden events - this time the beer garden had 1/2 of the area in front of the stage and the actual bar was under the lights of the Farmers' Market roof. We were very busy (Lockporters (thanks Bonnie!) can sure drink!) - all of the coolers were gone by 10:30 and the beer by shortly after midnight.

A lot of fun, well-run, just about the best concert I've attended here. Good job Frances and Dawn.

2 comments:

  1. Frances and Dawn, I'm pretty sure theirs a whole comittee, consisting of more than two people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,
    I'm sure there is a whole committee but the only ones I know are Frances and Dawn - I was complimenting friends. Who are you and why do you care?

    ReplyDelete